EOSedge is a precise, low dose imaging system that delivers full body, high-quality images covering the full set of musculoskeletal and orthopedic exams.
This next generation solution captures fully functional 2D/3D biplanar images in seconds, using a high-resolution photon-counting detector for outstanding image quality for a broad range of patients.
Its innovative design minimizes radiation exposure following ALADA* principle to give providers the insight they need to make well-informed clinical decisions at each point of patient care.
Imaging with a VISION
Exceptional Clinical Value
Reduced Radiation Exposure
EOSedge uses new Flex Dose™ technology to modulate radiation throughout scans using body morphology. Flex Dose delivers up to an 80% overall radiation reduction compared to the same acquisition without Flex Dose5.
- Comparison of radiation dose, workflow, patient comfort and financial break-even of standard digital radiography and a novel biplanar low-dose X-ray system for upright full-length lower limb and whole spine radiography. Dietrich TJ et al. Skeletal Radiol. 2013.
- Diagnostic imaging of Spinal deformities: Reducing Patients Radiation Dose With a New Slot-Scanning X-ray Imager. Deschenes S, Charron G, Beaudoin G, Labelle H, Dubois J, Miron M, Parent S. Spine April 2010, 35 (9): 989.
- EOS microdose protocol for the radiological follow-up of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Ilharreborde B. et al. Eur Spine J. 2015.
- Ionizing radiation doses during lower limb torsion and anteversion measurements by EOS stereoradiography and computed tomography. Delin C et al. Eur J Radiol. 2014.
- 80% overall radiation reduction compared to same acquisition without Flex Dose for those patients with a BMI of less than 25. Data on file.