G-scan Brio: Adds Weight To Your Diagnosis
G-scan Brio offers a revolutionary MRI approach that increases diagnostic accuracy and confidence for musculoskeletal applications. With experience gained from first generation G-scan systems, Esaote developed G-scan Brio, a completely renewed Weight-Bearing MRI system featuring a new look, new ergonomics and new acquisition techniques.
More Detail, Better Accuracy, Greater Confidence
Esaote’s new G-scan Brio is a tomographic MRI system that allows the study of all joints as well as the spine, either in a clinostatic (supine) or orthostatic (weight-bearing) position because both the magnet and patient can rotate from 0 to 90 degrees. Thanks to G-scan Brio’s innovative design patients can be scanned in a weight bearing position to facilitate MSK diagnosis for those pathologies that are subject to change due to body posture and position, like lower back pain.
G-scan Brio Reveals What Supine MRI Misses
Many symptoms and pathologies occur or are emphasized when patients are in a weight-bearing position.
Conventional MRI may not demonstrate the pathology related to these symptoms, but G-scan Brio gives you a new point of view so you can accurately diagnose MSK pathologies affected by weight-bearing position.
G-scan Brio, A Turning Point In MR Imaging
G-scan Brio is specifically designed for all musculoskeletal applications. The open and tilting design is a new and innovative way of doing MRI in which the position of the patient becomes an integral part of the outcome of the examination. G-scan Brio provides great patient comfort and features Esaote’s the latest imaging performance and sequences.
G-scan Brio, Dedicated To Musculoskeletal Imaging
The G-scan Brio boasts advanced features and capabilities such as:
- Impressive image quality
- Open permanent magnet
- Rotating gantry
- Weight-Bearing: patient’s position becomes an integral part of the examination’s outcome
- Optimized, ergonomic patient bed for easy positioning and excellent comfort during exams
- Additional diagnostic capabilities: since the force of gravity generates bio-mechanical changes in anatomy, MR imaging in a natural, stand-up position allows you to attain important additional information compared to traditional MRI
- Complete set of sequences including turbo sequences, steady state acquisition, and X-Bone. G-scan Brio comes with a large set of specialized sequences suitable for all MSK imaging requirements
- User defined sequences and customized examination protocols
- Multi Planar Scout
- Remote Service capability
- eXP Technology: for faster and better MR Imaging
G-scan Brio: Smooth And Simple Positioning
The excellent ergonomics and unique features of G-scan Brio bring benefits for operators as well as patienst:
- Easy patient positioning with optimized patient bed
- Easy bed extraction by operator
- Real-time MR Images. Using a fast acquisition sequence, the touch screen display on the gantry will show the MR image in real-time to assure fast and accurate positioning.
- High level of patient comfort during exams
G-scan Brio: The Right Coil For The Best Exam Performance
G-scan Brio includes a complete set of receiving coils specially designed for MSK imaging, which guarantees very high sensitivity and patient comfort.
- Complete set of dedicated coils
- Ample choice of dedicated MSK coils, a total of 10 different coils targeting all anatomical districts
G-scan Brio: Intuitive User Interface
The user interface is very simple and user friendly, routine exams can be performed by just a few mouse clicks. Expert users can personalize all scanning parameters and custom sequences can be stored and integrated in the normal menu structure for subsequent use.
- Intuitive user interface: easy to use Windows® based user interface
- A complete software package: supplied with an extensive range of tools to process, display and analyze images
G-scan Brio: Hassle-Free MRI
Like all Esaote MRI systems, G-scan Brio is a “one room” MRI system which means that the complete system, magnet, electronics and console can be installed in a single room of only 23 m2 (245 ft2).
- G-scan Brio employs an optimized permanent magnet so no cryogens and no complicated cooling systems are required
- Patented, light-weight pavilion style RF shielding can be independently installed without any additional construction
- Room height requirements: minimum for Weight Bearing spine and knee examinations: 2.80 m (9.2 Ft); suggested for Weight Bearing spine, knee and ankle examinations: 3.30 m (10.8 Ft)
- Total weight: 7.9 tons
- Power supply voltage: 200-210/220-240 V @ 50/60 Hz
G-scan Brio Economics
All Esaote MRI systems are cost-effective because they offer optimized MSK performance at a much more competitive cost than standard whole body MRI systems. G-scan Brio is not only a unique clinical and diagnostic system, it is also easy to site and very economical to operate.
G-scan Brio’s low break-even point is in line with the economic constraints of today’s healthcare environment and make it an optimal investment for a private clinic or hospital.
- Green MRI, Esaote’s MRI Systems use a fraction of the power employed by traditional MRIs saving you thousands of $/Euro per year
- Low Power Consumption: only 2.8 VA during acquisition, only 0,4kW on stand-by
- Cost Effective: low break-even point
Easy installation, ease of use, low maintenance technology, low energy consumption, no cryogens, and remote service all = a smart investment.
Tristate Brain & Spine Institute one year experience w/ Esaote G-scan Brio
Tristate Brain and Spine Institute is renowned for its high level care on Spine and Brain pathologies and diseases. The Center is serving and treating successfully patients from Minnesota, South Dakota and North Dakota.
Courtesy of Tristate Brain and Spine Institute, Alexandria, MN, USA. Providing Excellence in Brain and Spine Care
Clinical implications of WB MRI of the lumbar spine
G-scan Brio – Education: Clinical implications of Weight-Bearing MRI of the lumbar spine and the potential to improve patient treatment and outcome.
Courtesy of: Dr. Mikael Boesen – Head of MSK Research and Specialist in Radiology at Dept. of Radiology, Bispebjerg & Frederiksberg Hospital and Parker Institute – Copenhagen, Denmark
Up-right MRI of the lumbo-sacral spine: 10 yrs after
G-scan Brio – Education: Up-right MRI of the lumbo-sacral spine: 10 years after.
Courtesy of: Prof. Massimo Gallucci – Professor and Chairman of Neuroradiology, University of L’Aquila – Head of Neuroradiology Unit – S. Salvatore Hospital, Italy
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Technology and features are system/configuration dependent. Specifications subject to change without notice. Information might refer to products or modalities not yet approved in all countries. Product images are for illustrative purposes only.